What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses known as COVID 19 and cause illness for humans especially respiratory infections. It can be dangerous and rapidly spread.
UAE Efforts in Fighting Coronavirus?
With the spread of the virus, the UAE has begun to take precautions that significantly reduce the spread of the disease, inviting everyone to visit the specially created testing centers for early detection of the virus and free screening tests for those who are showing symptoms of the disease. These were determined by the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) in its awareness advices to ensure the safety of all.
For the safety of all the community members, the UAE provided toll free numbers to fight COVID 19:
800 111 11 Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP)
8001717 Estijaba Service at Operation Center,
Abu Dhabi Health Services (SEHA)
800342 Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
As part of the precautionary measures, anyone wishing to get tested must book an appointment followed by a confirmation text message to the person concerned. Priority is given to elderly people, pregnant women, chronic disease patients and those showing virus symptoms.
How to Protect Yourself From COVID 19?
- Avoid direct and/or close contact with others especially those whom you feel
show virus symptoms.
- Make sure to wear face masks when going out and maintain at least 1 metre
(3 feet) distance between yourself and others
-Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for (20) seconds
times a day, you can wipe your hands with a wet towel or with an alcohol-based
hand rub not more than 70% concentration.
-Avoid touching surfaces and floors as much as possible so as not to catch the
- Inform your parents immediately if you show any fever symptoms such as high fever, difficulty in breathing, cough with larynx congestion, non-mucus cough.
Did you know?
- Symptoms rarely come in the form of sneezing or mucus runny nose
- The virus needs an average of five to seven days to show its symptoms